We’re honored to be one of the only providers in the region to offer the Ionic Foot Bath, a foot soak treatment that helps restore the body’s balance and energy levels by detoxifying or eliminating harmful toxins and pollutants.
What are the benefits of an ionic foot bath?
Ionic foot baths offer several benefits, including:
- Improving lymph circulation, similar to a Swedish massage
- Relieving migraines and headaches
- Improving skin conditions
- Increasing natural energy levels
- Improving sleep quality and relaxation
- Strengthening immune system function to help fight off viruses
- Relieving muscle/joint pain and swelling
How does an ionic foot detox work?
An ionic foot bath combines water, salt and a small electrical current to produce charged ionic energy that helps promote detoxification. During the 30-minute session, the water in the bath changes color. This change in color is caused by the oxidation of the metal plates in the bath reacting with solutes in the water as toxins release from the body. Over the next 24-48 hours, toxins continue to flush out of the body naturally through the lymphatic system (network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins) and excretory system (part of the body that performs excretion or discharges waste).
What do the colors in an ionic foot bath mean?
Each person’s foot bath looks a little different. Some baths are really thick and full of multiple colors, while others are thinner and not very colorful. Patients who do regular sessions may notice that their foot baths become less murky as time goes on and they begin to feel better.
Depending on your specific condition(s) and environmental exposures, you may observe the following during your session:
- Yellow-green: Indicates detoxification of the kidneys, bladder, urinary tract and/or female prostate area; may be an indication of gynecological or prostate disorders.
- Orange: Indicates detoxification of the joints or arteries; may be an indication of arthritis, gout, neuropathy or pleurisy (inflammation of the tissues that line the lungs and chest cavity).
- Brown: Indicates detoxification of the liver, lungs, tobacco or cellular debris; often seen in patients who smoke or have been exposed to heavy second-hand smoke or another air pollutant.
- Dark green or black: Indicates detoxification of the gallbladder or liver; may be associated with gallstones, acid reflux, a weak immune system or nausea.
- Red flecks: Typically a sign of blood clot material; may also be associated with arterial blockage, bruising, hypertension or cold hands/feet.
- White foam: Indicates detoxification of the lymphatic system or lymph nodes; may be an indication of a menstrual disorder, tender lymph nodes or clogged skin caused by an allergy.
- Black flecks: Indicates detoxification of heavy metals; other symptoms of toxicity may include chronic fatigue or memory problems.
Who is a good candidate for an ionic foot bath?
Nearly everyone, except for those with open sores or an infection on their feet, can benefit from an ionic foot bath. The body is built to detoxify on its own. However, we are constantly bombarded by toxins, which can place added stress on the body, causing pain and dysfunction. An ionic foot bath is a safe and effective way to assist the body in detoxifying these stressors.
How long does a foot bath take?
This treatment lasts approximately 30 minutes and can be offered in conjunction with other treatments or on its own.