Happy New Year! As you embark on your resolutions, remember it’s about progress, not perfection. Here are 5 things you can start doing today to improve your overall health:
- Move your body — Research shows that even just walking 2,000 steps per day can decrease the risk of heart disease, cancer and premature death by 10%.
- Invest in clean water — One of the best things you can do to decrease your toxic load is invest in clean water. Check out my water highlight to learn more.
- Eat close to the source — Local food has a shorter time between harvest and your table, so it’s less likely that the nutrient value has decreased.
- Practice good posture — Posture largely affects the amount of strain you’re putting on your body, so making sure you’re sitting up straight (and lifting correctly) can be the difference between a healthy back and bi-weekly visits to the chiropractor.
- Get good sleep — Sleep is essential to every process in the body, affecting your physical and mental functioning as well as your ability to fight disease. Regular chiropractic adjustments help alleviate tension in the body, making it easier for you to fall asleep.
What changes have you started incorporating into your daily life? Share your ideas below. ⬇️
For more healthy living tips or to schedule an appointment, please contact us.